It's essential to concentrate on the basics; build diverse and inclusive teams, and define roles and responsibilities within the group.
Fremont, CA: Caller identification display (Caller ID) typically indicates the phone number and name associated with the line used to call. There are still legitimate purposes for altering the Caller ID information provided when placing a call.
For instance, a call center that places legitimate calls on behalf of multiple clients may change the Caller ID information to display their client's name and telephone number accurately, or a doctor calling to discuss a patient's lab results may want the hospital's general call back number to be displayed in the Caller ID to direct all future inquiries correctly.
Regrettably, illegitimate telemarketers may change the information on the Caller ID display (a practice known as Caller ID spoofing) to misrepresent themselves and trick Canadians into answering the call. For instance:
• ''neighboring''- The Caller ID is altered to match the first 6-digits of your telephone number so that it looks like a local call, perhaps from a neighbor in your area.
• ''mirroring''- The Caller ID displays your telephone number.
• The Caller ID may indicate the number of another individual and/or organization (i.e., pose as a recognizable brand).
• The Caller ID may be modified to represent a number that cannot be dialed within the telephone network.
Is Caller ID spoofing illegal?
Telemarketers who make calls to Canadians must identify themselves and their clients accurately. Telemarketers who employ technology to spoof their Caller ID information with inaccurate, false, or misleading information disregard this requirement. Each breach of the Unsolicited Telemarketing Rules can cause fines.
Avoiding spoofed calls:• File your telephone number on the National Do Not Call List
• File a complaint about a telemarketing call
• Exercise caution if you are asked to provide personal information (e.g., banking information, password). When in doubt, hang up and call the number on your account statement or the organization's website.
• Specific calling options or features may be available to you to block or filter unsolicited and illegitimate telemarketing calls.
This content is copyright protected
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: